Hello again Grade 9
This is a lesson in double checking information.
Please copy these notes into your book. Once you have done so, please check them against the notes you wrote today in class.
Some of the notes you wrote look and sound correct but when you compare them to these notes, you will find that there are slight differences.
After you have copied these notes into your book, complete the exercise below.
1) Explain the difference between a bibliography and a list of references.
Which statement is correct?
2a) If you refer to information without listing it in your bibliography it is plagiarism,
2b) If you refer to information without listing it in your list of references it is plagiarism.
3a) If you quote information without citing it in your bibliography it is plagiarism.
3b) If you quote information without citing it in your list of references it is plagiarism.
4) Define the two words that are underlined. (Please state where you get your definitions from).
Here are the group assignments with the working links.
Introduction (all groups) http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/introduction/?page=0
Group 1 PINEAPPLES http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/pineapples/?page=0
Group 2 TOMATOES http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/tomatoes/?page=0
Group 3 PEANUTS http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/peanuts/?page=0
Group 4 ORANGES http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/oranges/?page=0
Group 5 APPLES http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/apples/?page=0
Group 6 POPCORN http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/popcorn/?page=0
Group 7 POTATOES http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/potatoes/?page=0
Group 8 RICE http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/food/sections/rice/?page=0
THINGS TO DO
1) Typing is preferred, if you must write, please print.
2) Paste your information sheets on a large poster board.
3) Remember to write/paste your topic at the top of your poster.
4) Include pictures of the plants you are talking about.
5) Label all of your pictures.
6) Remember to include all of your project members names and homerooms on your poster.
7) Have fun as you learn and see you next lesson. Ms Cooper (BTGOG)